TEEN ADVISORY BOARD
WANTED: Energetic and creative 14 to 17 year-old youth from Delta, Montrose and Ouray Counties who are interested in serving in an advisory and participatory capacity for PARTNERS.
Partners is a youth mentoring program that has been in operation since 1987. These are the organizational goals:
- To promote youth development, building a sense of social responsibility and self-esteem.
- To reduce and prevent delinquency and substance abuse through a variety of services emphasizing volunteer participation and community involvement.
- To develop youths’ skills and abilities so they can make positive changes and become responsible citizens.
- To increase community awareness of the problems youth face and
- To foster and implement a commitment by the community to solve these problems.WHAT IS REQUIRED OF YOU:
- Based on information from the Healthy Kids Surveys conducted in the area, discussions with teachers and counselors at the schools in Delta, Montrose and Ouray Counties and information from law enforcement officers, Partners has determined that the problem of underage alcohol use is a serious problem. We believe the problem is best addressed by youth and this is the primary role of the Teen Advisory Board for the next three years.
- A willingness to actively participate in regular meetings held in your high school.
- A commitment to help design and implement a regional plan to raise awareness of issues affecting youth.
- A commitment to actualize your plan.
- Signature of your parent/guardian
- Follow through on your commitment to this project for one year.
- OUR PROMISE IS TO:
- Help facilitate planning for meetings, activities and work required.
- Provide educational materials to assist you with your projects.
- Provide verification for your school’s service learning credit if requested.
- Keep information about you confidential.
- EXAMPLES OF WORK YOU MAY DO:
- Assist the Partners staff in developing Nexus (young people waiting for a mentor) activities and ways to promote healthy choices in young people. Aid case managers at Partnership activities.
- Work as a liaison between Partners and other organizations like the Coalitions for Drug Free Montrose and Delta Counties or Ouray’s Resource Council.
- Create presentations, public service announcements for radio and TV’s and printed materials for distribution.
- Assist with Social Media.
- Please return your completed APPLICATION with a parent or guardian’s signature to the Partners office 315 South 7th St, Montrose Co 81401 or to 511 East 10th St., Delta, Co 81416. The Teen Advisory Board Coordinator will contact you with more information. Julianne Johnson can be reached in the Delta Partners office at 874-4661 or by email email@example.com. Curtis Hearst can be reached in the Montrose office at 249-1116 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org